Saturday, May 16, 2009

RFTW 2009 Day 4 Weatherford TX

Woke up about 9:30am to rain and I am glad I got here a day early. Too late for the free continental breakfast so I headed to the truck stop next door for something to eat. Breakfast buffet was $7.99 and a little high I thought. They had my favorite breakfast on the menu for $8.19, chicken fried steak, eggs anyway, toast and hash browns. I thought that was a little high also until they brought out the platter, it would feed a family of four easily. It looked like they gave me an extra steak and two servings of hash browns...it was worth every penny and more.

The rain has finally stopped and things are starting to dry out and clouds are breaking up. The rest of the day I'll clean the bike and rest and wait for the group to arrive. Looking forward to seeing Sub Rat, Oscar, Hoppy, Skippy, $5 Marty, Enigma, Krash and all the rest of the Fuel Crew. Supper and ceremonies tonight at the local VFW. Tomorrow we head to Monroe, Louisiana and Music Man will join us there. Music Man was my fuel partner last year...cosmic thing Music Man and DJ the DJ.

The excitement is building............We Ride For Those Who Can't.......Our POW's and MIA's and promoting healing for all....Last year's ride was for Matt Maupin MIA Iraq. His remains have since been recovered and returned to his family...God Bless Matt and his family and thank you for your service to our country. The name of Barry A. Olson is close to my heart. MIA Vietnam and remains are unrecovered. His mother died not knowing. Barry A. Olson, Albert Lea, MN, we remember you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi this your granddaughter Alexis(sceeter). It must be fun to run for the wall. I told my class that you were going to run for the wall. i got and A on my social test and i got a B on my science test. grandpa i miss you very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Sceeter

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!