Tuesday, April 1, 2008

All Vinyl Night

The first Monday of every month On The Riverfrom 7pm-1:00am and The All Vinyl Show. Hosted by DJtheDJ, Dug Baker and sometimes the always elusive BeBo. The next show is Monday April 8. By definition it's going to be 99.9% classics from the 60's thru the 80's. It is hard to do requests during the show because the vinyl comes from our private collections and it would be impossible to bring it all to the station. I need to thank Pete of the Rapids for donating a lot of the vinyl that your hear. Thanks Pete. I love you listeners....back in the old studios on ICC campus someone wanted to hear White Bird and I didn't have it. By the next show I had a copy of David LaFlame doing White Bird. Another treasure found and donated by a listener was Jamie Brockett and the SS Titantic. If you have a rare or favorite piece of music on vinyl and would like to share it with KAXE listeners bring it to the station and we will play it. You will get it back if you want.



Stay Tuned................................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that rubber soul album by the beatles! hope you guys will play the word, or girl or i'm looking through you next monday night--mm

Anonymous said...

DJ, I love the photo of Big DJ and and Little DJ! For my rare and favorite albums for next Monday: Does the Walt Disney album story of Bambi with the illustration of Bambi on the actual album count? Also, I love the Star Wars Original Soundtrack (from the FIRST Star Wars). Don't worry; I'm sure my parents got rid of them during their last move. I know I'll love the vinyl show anyway!
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Vinyl, OMG! The first album I EVER owned was orderd from one of those "CALL THIS NUMBER RIGHT NOW" TV ads...The Mama's & The Papa's AND Steppenwolf! They are long gone, thank heavens! Later, I added The James Gang, Hermins Hermits, Shawn Phillips,and Chicago. Then loved Grand Funk Railroad, Black Sabbath, Stones, Joplin, Hendrix and of course the Beatles. I have no idea what became of all of that vinyl, but just thinking about them brings back fun memories! Thanks for bring excellent music to KAXE!
DJ...check out my blog...
checkeredpastprimitives.blogspot.com