Wednesday, February 4, 2009

















Lots of music comes into the studios of KAXE every week and my job is to play it. Here's a little secret, my shows are based on these principals, 1. pick the newest 2. pick someone you know 3. pick the longest song 4. pick someone you don't know 5. repeat step 3. How does it work? Because Mark Tarner, Program Director and his alter ego, M. T. Hedd screen the music before it gets in the grubby hands of the on-air hosts. Here are 6 of the best new stuff I have been playing based on my criteria:
Pillbugs-Everybody Wants A Way Out
Umphrey's McGee-Mantis
The Showgoats-Lift Off
Heartless Bastards-The Mountain
Deleted Waveform Gatherings-Baby Warfare
Pavement-Brighten The Corners
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit-(self-titled)
Tune in Friday night 10-1 to hear more from these new releases.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DJ, You ROCK!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

When I'm on my computer at night, I automatically put KAXE on revel in the music played while I carry on my other work. Only problem is I want to know who the artists and titles are for so many of songs and it's difficult to press my old ears up against the speakers at the end of sets to get the information, so I was wondering... how about a set list posted? Don't want to create more work for you guys but, it would be nice. Fun listening to the dj last night trying to audio down Lucinda's "f" bombs.

Big Mildy

Anonymous said...

I'll try to do a play list...time...time...time and if you have specific request email. Do you Facebook?? Thanks for listening