Friday, March 27, 2009

Monday On The River






Dug Baker and I switch shifts Monday night because of KAXE Board Meeting. My feature artist will be the Decemberists decemberists.com and their new new cd The Hazards of Love. I've listened to a few of the cuts and they are all good and are to be listened to in order and as a total package...its kinda mope rock, think Cure.
















Also new music from Fastball fastballtheband.com...you may remember their hit from 1998, fire escape. The cd was called All the Pain Money Can Buy. Fire escape is a great song and even though there wasn't one to match it on the cd I'm still glad I bought it. Looking forward to another hit from Fastball's new cd Little White Lies which will be released 14 Apr 09


Wanna be an on-air volunteer (dj) at kaxe? Call KAXE 218-326-1234 and sign up. Training sessions start Tuesday 14 Apr 09 at 6pm and run 3 consectutive Tuesdays. Its a great way to build community.

Stay tuned and see ya On The River

2 comments:

kimball said...

Good morning DJ! Hope this gets to you. I was driving home last night after the mtg. and post mtg. listening to your show. About the 4th-5th song of the first set was an angry woman song that was so cold blooded it was almost funny. Started with "If I had a gun, you'd be dead. One in the heart, one in the head..." Wow! Who was that? Thanks for getting the tab last night, and sharing some time. I enjoyed the songs I heard, esp. the Black Magic Woman cover. lak

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite new songs. Its performed by Gretchen Peters and Tom Russell and its on there new cd: One to the heart, One to the head. The Rhythm Angels also relesed a version of the song in Jan or Feb. Its a powerful song and no doubt she means it. You're welcome and I think Jim got most of it. Stay tuned.